Loving the food you used to hate



All humans are born with specific food preferences. "We are born with a sweet tooth, preferring sweet taste." says David A. Levitsky, a professor of nutrition and psychology. We're also born disliking the bitter tastes. Like every child, I used to hate green vegetables. My entire life I have always hated spinach. I referred to it as "THE DEVIL" on all occasions. But now things have changed. I believe as we grow older, our taste buds start to change. 

I remember how my mother used to coax me to eat spinach. And then I was really tempted to eat spinach when Popeye, the sailor man crushed open a can of spinach and grew stronger after gulping it down. Soon, I started to like spinach. Not only have I begun to like spinach but I also enjoy it. I didn't not even know how delicious, well-prepared fresh vegetables can be! 

However, spinach is a delightful ingredient to cook with as it is full of flavour and nutrients. Apart from numerous health benefits, it also adds colour to your plate. Spinach is really versatile and can be used in various forms. This includes, lasagne, making it into a dip with low fat cream and yogurt or cottage cheese.

 And ofcourse, you should not get into food if you truly despise it, But if you've been avoiding something for a long time because of childhood associations, it could be worth giving it another chance.

Comments

Popular Posts